Sunday, August 23, 2009

Welcome to my Dahlquin Chronicles blog. I have committed myself to posting the beginning of my first book in this series, starting with the introduction and first chapters. I am undecided as to how much I will post or whether to follow the book(s) chronologically.

Dahlquin is a story of self-determination. Ireland in 1224 AD is a volatile isle poised for civil war with the black cloud of English subjugation threatening from the east. At the western edge of the known world a young woman rebels against her rigid, patriarchal society, as her family battles to maintain their autonomous base of power.

Eloise Dahlquin is the quintessential adolescent, a medieval Dorothy, seeking a voice in her hostile world. Remote, enigmatic Connacht, Ireland bridges the old and new, blending Celtic mysticism with church doctrine, Irish blood lines with Welsh-Anglo, in this universal struggle for co-existence. Why me, why this book? I have researched the Middle Ages into middle age. I have been married over thirty years and raised two children: I know about seeking a voice in alien cultures. Of equal importance, if I can’t get “boinked” in a medieval castle or cathedral I will write about it.

For more information not found here or on my website, please follow the “contact me” instructions. I would honestly, truly and most emphatically LOVE to hear from you.

Thank you for coming.

No comments: